Originally posted on CBS Dallas / Fort Worth:
[worldnow id=7294671 width=420 height=315 type=video]
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) - Before you begin your backyard grilling, CBS 11 News has uncovered a danger that you may be cooking up. It’s not about the meat, and it’s not about any food-borne illness. CBS 11 News investigates a growing problem that the Consumer Product Safety Commission is leaving up to manufacturers to regulate.
In North Texas, the sound of sizzling means that summer is here. It’s that same sound that calls the McMahon family of Carrollton outside for some quality time around the grill. “[It's] something we like to do in the summer,” said 21-year old Matt McMahon.
When you barbeque, you usually only worry about bacteria and other food-related illnesses. But it was something entirely different that sent McMahon to the emergency room. “We were grilling out, cooking burgers, and obviously the last bite, something stuck in the throat,” he said.
It was hours…
View original 496 more words