Originally posted on National Post | News:
Premier Dalton McGuinty has promised an “intense review” into the history of the mall in Elliot Lake that partially collapsed last week, killing two people.
McGuinty says the results of that review will be made public. The Ministry of Labour visited the mall six times in the last three years.
The premier said the mall’s history did not come up when he spoke to Mayor Rick Hamilton Thursday. Residents have complained about problems with the roof going back years to officials during briefings since the incident.