Premier Dalton McGuinty has promised an “intense review” into the history of the mall in Elliot Lake that partially collapsed last week, killing two people.
McGuinty says the results of that review will be made public. The Ministry of Labour visited the mall six times in the last three years.
The premier said the mall’s history did not come up when he spoke to Mayor Rick Hamilton Thursday. Residents have complained about problems with the roof going back years to officials during briefings since the incident.
McGuinty, whose name was cheered by residents Wednesday for helping restart rescue operations, said the public deserves to know whether everything was done to save lives.
Elliot Lake residents were outraged after rescue operations stopped Monday, when the building was deemed to dangerous for rescue workers, and have demanded someone be held accountable.
The two victims have been identified by friends as Lucie…
View original post 184 more words